Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tennis

One of my new favorite bands is actually from Denver...not that you have heard of them. Tennis is an amazing husband and wife duo that is starting to get national attention, but is practically unheard of right here in their hometown. They recently went on a sailing trip and were so inspired that they decided to record an album heavily influenced by their time at sea. This album is called "Cape Dory", named after the ship they sailed in.

With a sound that feels like a retro beach party, Tennis is great for anyone who likes Vampire Weekend or Surfer Blood. The singer's voice reminds me of girly groups of yesteryear. Every song on their album is really great, but my favorites are Long Boat Pass, Take Me Somewhere, Marathon, and South Carolina. This is a great mood album, especially in these cold winter months.

I like the idea of simplicity with dressing the singer Alaina Moore. She has big frizzy hair that reminds me of Jennifer Grey in Dirty Dancing (I actually think this album would fit right into the movie as well) so I think she could do fun simple pieces well. I like the idea of simple rompers and summer dresses in fun prints. I'd love to make her sundresses in sailing inspired fabric to match with their sound. And because I love frizzy hair, I say let it do it's thing!

Alaina



Rompers



Simple Summer Dresses



Some Great Prints



Check out some of this group's great music!









-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment